Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just Butter Please

Just the butter
I don't bother with syrup
I used to out of habit
A little syrup and a lot of butter
Why bother?
Let's face it I am in it for the butter
Now my love he only wants the syrup
I feel like this is a sign
Perhaps this is proof that opposites attract
So do similarities though
Two extremists after all
My cat, Sorin, plays the sneak game with me
I'm sure you know it
I turn my head he gets closer
I look at him he is frozen
He plays it well
But today it made me wonder if this is the greatest metaphor for life
When you're not looking
It comes for you
Life
They say I'm young,"life hasn't hit me yet"
Makes me wonder what I am living right now if it isn't life
Also when will it hit?
When I'm not looking?
Sneak up on me with claws sharp
If I turn will I be able to stop it?
Cats are great teachers
Philosophers if you would
I look at Sorin and tell him 'life hasn't hit you yet"
He barely looks up
He isn't worried
We both know it's a lie
I found him on the streets
Life has hit us all
Whether the outsiders accept it or not
Maybe I should have added a little syrup for their sake
Next time I will
It is hard to accept the idea of just butter

3 comments:

  1. I love this so much :)

    I think life has already hit us, and we are beginning to live, a little more, day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I am in complete agreement with you =)

    ReplyDelete