Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hold On

I have been sifting through some old writings from my senior year of college.
As I have gone through them I realize I have blocked out the pain and confusion that I though would never end. It ended. And my life has evolved into something much better than I had ever thought possible back then. Still it hurt to be reminded....but at the same time gave me perspective.
Why do I mention this? Because there are many people who are struggling at the moment and although it might look hopeless I want you to hold on. Selfish of me I know....but hear me out....As you go through the bad times I want you to remember a better time and place your self there. Focus on the good. Move away from the darkness. If that good was a friend, a song, a place, or a movie (it could be anything) remember it with joy and then move on to create other happy moments, even if they are small.
 Write the bad out of your heart apparently that is what I did senior year and I hope that you can do the same. It does get better. Whether it is circumstance or just your attitude or your ability to handle disaster! You come out of the storm a fighter. No my life is not "perfect" I don't even know what that means. But I am happy to be alive and to have the opportunity to spend time with all of you and if I have not met you than to meet you. Keep going, keep fighting and remember that I love you.

1 comment: